Monday, June 7, 2010

Another week started



Hi All,
Am a little disappointed today. I wanted to use Dr. Hornbostel in my composition paper on gastric bypass but not able to contact him. He is out on medical leave, hurt his shoulder somehow. The good thing is that the patient and friend of mine who has had the surgery has given me permission to use her views and experiences so that should help make my paper a little better.
I spent all weekend doing homework. The quizzes in the Fundamentals of Health Information class are scaring me to death, there is a quiz every week and I freeze up on testing sometimes.
Son and daughter in law came to visit last night for awhile and he was talking about my cooking and how I always made his favorite chicken and dumplings on his birthday. Since I am now alone I had to pare that recipe down a lot but its still a wonderful comfort food. And yes you know it a recipe is about to follow. Make it sometime and tell me how you like it.

Chicken and Dumplings

Boil three chicken breast in a large pot of water until tender. Add chicken bouillon to taste.

In a bowl mix
2 1/2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (optional)
may add herbs to taste

Bring liquid in pan to a full boil
either roll out bowl mixture and cut into noodles or drop by spoonfuls into hot liquid and cook for at least ten minutes, longer if the dumplings are large. Add chicken back in or place at side on plate.

Have a great week and take time to make some good memories.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, I love chicken and dumplings. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete