

Hi All,
Worked my hiney off this weekend on homework and my research paper. Got a lot of good tips to revise my paper. I will turn it into the Kaplan writing center this week and get review before submitting my final version.
This month is a hard one for me, it is my Dad's birthday and Mom & Dad's anniversary, they are both gone now. So funny people laugh and say I am ornery but I am just a chip off the old block.
My mother was the oldest of six and was raised poor and an country girl. My dad had one brother and lived in the small town close to where my mom lived. One Saturday night my grandpa decided to take the kids into town to take them roller skating (none of them had been). Mom caught on quick and skated awhile before going to the counter to get a soft drink. The man who owned the rink also worked the counter and was watching a young man skate and was laughing and said "I would give anyone five bucks to trip Aubrey McDaniel on his butt". Mom asked who that was and he pointed to the fancy skating young man. Mom said "get your money ready". She went out into the ring and asked my dad to skate (pretty risky' for back then) and skated around the rink a few times then politely stuck her skate in front of him and tripped him. She went back to the counter and collected her money ( that was a lot for back then, she worked at a factory and made 25 cents an hour). Dad asked her out later that night and they were married within a year.
so if I am ornery like I said just a chip off the old block. Nothing like roots and family. This leads into a poem I wrote a few years ago about family.
TAPESTRY OF MY LIFE
As days go by I see things differently
New shades of memories I see
How beautiful the threads of my life
Woven into a magnificent tapestry
The people and places that have shaped me
From now back to my childhood days
Stay in my heart colored deeply
Cherished memories that always will stay
In tapestry threads worn more than others
I see family gone into glory before
Their colors of love reach me deeper
And strengthen my soul to its very core
The bright strong threads reveal the future
Of my children and those down the line
My heart warms just knowing my heritage
Will flourish with the passing of time
Thank God for life's tapestry given
All threads, people, places, and things
That bless my life so completely
And give my heart its golden wings.
Have a great week everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment