Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Monday Again???


Hello All,
This Wednesday I will go to supper with a few of the girls I worked with for many years at our local hospital. We meet the last Wednesday of every month and have for over two years now. One of them was my boss, the best boss I ever had. She had great loyalty from her staff because she showed us fairness and loyalty back.
I was a little stressed because I have been working on my final project for composition class and remembered something my boss said. She said one of the poems I let her read (and gave a copy to) always made her laugh and made her stress level go down. So I hope you get a chuckle from this poem I wrote years ago and remember this in not imagination this really happened to me.

RACCOON FROM THE CEILING

In life you never can foresee
The things that can come along
Just when you had seen it all
You find out that you were wrong

Life plays funny tricks and jokes
That can set your head to reeling
But nothing like that fateful night
The raccoon fell from the kitchen ceiling

I had heard strange noises from that room
No one else ever admitted they heard
The made me feel I had gone loony
So on this subject I stopped saying a word

But that night was somehow different
Someone else heard that strange sound
We saw the tiles move back and forth
Seconds before he came crashing down

He fell like rain from a cloudy sky
With a hollow thud he hit my floor
Shook his little head, jumped to his feet
Hightailed it out the open back door

I'm still not just quite certain
Maybe I am simply in shocked denial
But I swear he stopped for a split second
And I know that I witnessed him smile

I am certain if he was verbally able
He would have expressed this unusual feeling
Life is not boring because you never know
When a raccoon will fall from your ceiling.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. That is so crazy!! I can't believe that is a true story. I bet you almost had a heart attack (I'm sure the coon almost did too!!). Too funny!I miss your storys. We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete