Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I am so sorry


Hi All,
I am so sorry my link to the song in my last post has been blocked. I was told if anything was on UTube it was fair game but I guess not. Anyway if you get a chance to hear it you should.

I am happy to report I have a new professor for my College Composition 11 course. She has a lot of work ahead of her trying to catch up with things neglected by my old professor.

I saw an old friend in the pharmacy a couple of days ago, I took care of her husband after a horrible car accident and it got me to thinking. You are never more happy in life than when you are making a difference in someone else's life. She told me that our unit "saved" her husband and she would love us forever. It dawned on me that even though physically I can't make much of a difference anymore but I can make a difference by treating people with love and respect and being there when they need me even if its just to chat. She also said Jim loved my peanut butter cookies and asked for the recipe so I am going to share it today with you. I am not sure exactly where it came from, I have used this recipe since I was a kid and my mother had handwritten it out in a notebook for me when I got married.

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

cream sugars, peanut butter, shortening,egg, and margarine until smooth and fluffy. Stir in the dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Shape dough into balls 1 1/1 inches in size and place on ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper so there is no clean up) and flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in water. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy the day I have got to go bake some of these cookies !!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pammy,

    Your cookies sound yummy! I just want you to know that you still make a difference in my life:). PS, we go to get our ultrasound tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on the sex of the baby:).
    Loves, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam:

    Your post is pleasant to read as always. Great writing.

    Have a nice week
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete