Saturday, May 1, 2010

Another Saturday Night


Ok its official I have seen it all now. A new gadget that is for cracking and separating eggs! I am telling you if you can not figure out how to do that without buying a piece of plastic for $14.98 that you have to attach another piece of plastic to for separating the egg you are in sorry shape. Anyone worth their salt could have four or five eggs done before the other person could fish it out of the drawer and attach the separator. I can see where it might come in handy in a restaurant but then the issue of sanitation would come into play.

It seems sometimes we make more work by trying to get out of work. I think we do this in other areas of our lives too.

I am trying to get a head start on my reading, researching, and learning activities for my classes for next week but having trouble keeping my focus. It is storming again and my doggie, Sandy, is afraid of storms.

The Rain

The rain comes peppering down
Gentle not, it continues to fall
The wind it does howl and moan
Memories of my past do now call

Sounds of rain on an old tin roof
Are vivid within my mind
Thoughts of yesteryear and all that's gone
When life seemed so much more kind

Running through the raindrops
Playing games that are not plugged in
Doing my best just to keep up
With my brother and other of my kin

My mind is back from yesterday now
But a smile stays on my face
I cherish those simple memories
In my heart the rain has its place.

Everyone have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. that poem was beautiful. If I can remeber or find it, I will send you the last poem I ever wrote. I did recieve a certificate and plaque for it, and it was published in a poetry book. I was unable to buy it at the time and now I have forggoten which book it was, but never-the-less my name and poem is out there somewhere. WTG!!!
    Love, Kiddo

    ReplyDelete