Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rainy Sunday


Hi All,
Been raining for two days now but hoping for a rainbow. Grandson gone back home with his Mom now. Its amazing to me how fast he has grown, his birthday is in a few weeks and he is already talking about going into the Marines when he gets out of High School. That is four years away but I know that it will fly by. Not sure who he as been listening to but says he wants to go into the military so he can afford to pay for college when he gets out. Although I know it is dangerous I know it will help him grow as a man with disipline and structure. I told him about my Dad and his many years of military experience and how proud of him I always was for his service and so much more.

Spent all day yesterday doing a learning activity for one of my classes. It seems so very funny that at my age I am doing homework. I guess if Grandma Moses could start painting in her 90's I can learn in my mid 50's.

Found a new recipie for a blueberry coffee cake that is good

Blueberry Coffee Cake

Cake:

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries

In a seperate bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat. Add the flour misture alternately with the mild and beat until combined. Spread batter onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Evely arrange the blueberries on the topof the cake and sprinkle with the streusle topping


Streusel topping:
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter

In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, and ground cinnamon. Cut in the butter until it resembles course crumbs.

Enjoy and have a great day

1 comment:

  1. Old Gal, yes it's amazing what the Lord allows us to do. I can't believe that I'm studying health and science. If the Lord allow me to obtain my office degree I will shout to the world "my, my, my." I'm still in awe of it to this day.

    I don't have any kids, but children do grow pretty fast. As super-granny, it's only natural for you to worry. Who knows he may be awarded a scholarship or enter another type program that pays for school.

    Keep your spirit up, hopefully things will turn out for the best.

    ReplyDelete